Find out what we have been doing since starting out in 2012, and all about our involvement, workshops and programmes in 2019. Follow us on facebook.com/G2GCommunitiesCIC and subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest and receive exclusive news.
Summary of what we have achieved since 2012
- Supported over 85,400 Adults & Children across North Wales with our Courses, Services and LEGO Education
- Over 35,000 learners supported at our Learning Centre in Rhyl, we provided STEAM activities, courses, employable skills and qualifications
- Helped over 1,200 individuals get back into Employment, Education or Training
- Help set-up and support over 80 businesses and virtual businesses with our Pop Up People Programme
- Reinvested over £260,000 back into communities through free courses, qualifications, support, workshops, events, training, volunteering and community-based projects throughout North Wales
- Worked with the Department for Work and Pensions to develop a ‘New Skills, New Life’ programme delivering to over 180 people furthest away from employment
- Launched a new e-learning platform with a range of free courses and learning resources – http://learn.g2gcommunities.org
- Worked in Partnership with the Prince’s Trust to support young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Developed a 3D printing and Recycling Education Centre supported by the Gwynt y Môr Foundation/ Rhyl Flats Offshore Wind Farm and open to the public, local groups and organisations
- Explored Historic Heritage with CADW & Welsh Government – We worked with Schools and hundreds of pupils across North Wales to provide castle tours, LEGO building, animation, storytelling and exciting activities mapped to the digital curriculum
- Been awarded ‘the most dedicated STEM Ambassador North and Mid Wales Dr William Lockitt G2G Communities CIC’
Our innovation is turning good communities into great communities; we provide experience, build confidence and gain qualifications
Our 2019 Projects, Workshops, Support & Achievements
Here’s a quick summary of what we have been doing in 2019, find all the information below. Don’t forget to like us on facebook.com/G2GCommunitiesCIC to keep up-to-date with our latest projects and what’s going on.
- LEGO® Education – Delivered Workshops throughout North Wales to Schools and Communities.
- LEGO® Based Therapy – Over 80 learners trained on the One Day Educators Course.
- Businesses – Providing support with training, qualifications, first aid, pop up people, website design and online marketing.
PROJECTS & NEWS
- SkillsCymru Llandudno 2019 – Explored future skills and get work ready with careers.
- Free Research Papers – Dr William Lockitt has produced and published a range of free papers that can be downloaded from his website – williamlockitt.co.uk
- Local ‘Spotter Guides’ – Producing a range of free bilingual ‘spotter guides’, available March 2020.
- Rhyl – A Better Life – Working with schools, communities and businesses to collect discarded plastics.
- Plastic Recycling – Educational modules to learn about plastic recycling.
- Sustainable 3D Printing Centre – Learners found out how to 3D print, we’ve created prototypes, and provided educational workshops
- Agored 3D Printing & Recycling Qualifications – First organisation in Wales to offer Level 1 qualifications in 3D printing and Recycling, written by Director Dr. William Lockitt.
- 3D Printing Pens – Turning creativity into reality and drawing 3D objects from the ground up with ease and precision.
- Rail Safety LEGO® Education – Delivered workshops for British Transport Police and Network Rail highlighting dangers.
- Hydroponics – Provided bespoke Hydroponic Kits, services and workshops. We produce kits from discarded plastics and biodegradable 3D printed components.
- Coding with Drones – Delivered a range of fun and interactive workshops with Schools.
- Family Learning – Parents and children work together during ‘Family Learning’ sessions to develop constructive play and a range of communication, numeracy, literacy and creativity skills.
- Ysgol San Sior Llandudno – Delivered workshops for hydroponics and produced their own desk based hydroponic systems
- Erasmus Event – Over sixty pupils and staff from Romania, France and North Wales Schools produced short animations and programmed LEGO WeDo Robots with Scratch Coding.
We have worked in partnership with LEGO Education, Agored Cymru, the British Computer Society and other awarding bodies to develop a range of accredited programmes and multimedia resources in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) subject areas. Delivered STEAM workshops to Schools and Communities with Family Learning in fun and exciting ways, making it relevant to participants experience and expectations.
LEGO® Based Therapy
From 2019 we have been delivering LEGO® Based Therapy Courses suitable for use in a wide variety of educational, community and home education settings. Providing LEGO® based therapy training, workshops and support with our experienced staff at its Rhyl Centre or at locations throughout North Wales. LEGO® based therapy was designed to support children with ASD but can be used in a wide range of scenarios to help learn and develop skills such as collaboration, communication, problem solving and symbolic thinking by learning through play. G2G Communities CIC is the only LEGO® based therapy training course that has translated all the resource materials into Welsh ready to use to set up your own ‘Brick Club’.
We provided a range of courses and activities to support local businesses and those considering setting up their own business. We have offered a range of accredited courses/qualifications and training at its centres in Rhyl and via its mobile services across North Wales. Delivered a range of bespoke courses, services, programmes and qualifications through its extensive partnerships with organisations such as LEGO, the British Computer Society (BCS), Agored Cymru, UK on-line, Reaching Wider Partnership, and the Virtual College. We provided mobile services across North Wales delivering equipment, resources and staff at times and locations to suit individual or organisational needs.
Recycling & Sustainable 3D Printing
Our goal is to reduce the amount of plastic being sent to landfill within the Rhyl and local district. We are working with schools, communities and businesses to collect discarded materials and provide a variety of educational ways that they can be re-used and recycled to reduce our waste sent to landfill.
We provide a range of educational learning modules that you can mix and match for pupils/students to learn about 3D printing and plastic recycling, created and delivered by our experienced tutors. Our 3D Printing & Recycling Education module courses run over several weeks, some modules can be taken as a standalone workshop while others count as units towards formal qualifications.
Inspiring 3D Makers at our Sustainable 3D Printing Centre, learners have been taught about 3D Printing, and putting their skills into practice, by designing and printing their own biodegradable models. We’ve been working with communities and businesses to create 3D prototypes and deliver environmentally friendly solutions and products.
Agored 3D Printing & Recycling Qualifications
G2G Communities CIC is the first organisation in Wales to offer Level 1 qualifications in 3D printing and Recycling. Two AGORED qualifications have been written by Dr William Lockitt (Director) and are now available on the AGORED/CQFW framework.
We have been getting creative and running workshops, taking your ideas to the next level with our 3D Printing Pens (also a mobile service). Turning creativity into reality and drawing 3D objects from the ground up with ease and precision. Our workshops are tailored to requirements and outcomes.
Projects, Events & News
SkillsCymru Llandudno 2019
Explored future skills and get work ready with careers, jobs, skills and apprenticeship events for Wales SkillsCymru provided hands-on activities and skills taster sessions, aiming to inspire and motivate visitors who are considering their future careers.
Free Research Papers
Dr William Lockitt has produced and published a range of free papers that can be downloaded from his website – williamlockitt.co.uk With over forty-five years’ experience in education find a range of publications highlighting the effective use of multimedia flexible and open learning, LEGO Education, learning through play, hydroponics and much more.
Local ‘Spotter Guides’
During 2019/20 G2G Communities CIC, supported by Rhyl Community Partnership and Rhyl Flats Offshore Wind Farm, will be producing a range of free bilingual ‘spotter guides’ that can be downloaded and used to highlight some of the fantastic wildlife and community areas around Rhyl. The guides will be available from March 2020.
Working with Schools in North Wales
Rail Safety LEGO® Education
We had two great days with pupils, British Transport Police and Network Rail at Bodnant Community School highlighting possible dangers when crossing, or playing near, a railway line or at the station. Pupils had an input from the British Transport Police (btp.police.uk) and Network Rail (networkrail.co.uk), then were able to think about the dangers and recreate them in LEGO.
Did you know we work with Schools and communities to provide bespoke Hydroponic Kits, services and workshops. We produce kits from discarded plastics and biodegradable 3D printed components.
Ysgol Christchurch CP – Supported by the North and Mid Wales Reaching Wider partnership and delivered by G2G Communities CIC sixty pupils from Christchurch CP School in Rhyl had the opportunity to make their own hydroponic containers from ‘one time use’ plastic bottles. They also learned about the importance of recycling and how using plastic that would normally be thrown away could be up-cycled and produce food in the form of salads, herbs etc.
Coding with Drones
Parents and children work together during ‘Family Learning’ sessions to develop constructive play and a range of communication, numeracy, literacy and creativity skills.
Ysgol San Sior Llandudno
We had a great time visiting Ysgol San Sior to do deliver sessions with the pupils regarding hydroponics and also to deliver their desk based hydroponic systems.
Erasmus Event at G2G Communities CIC
After their visit to us they were all then taken to Conwy Castle where Callum, a member of our team gave them a tour of the Castle.
Get in Touch
Contact us below if you would like more information or to discuss our services, projects and what we offer or call Moira or Bill on 01745 350765.