On Friday 12th August G2G Communities CIC ran two free ‘Introduction to Digital Photography, Picasa and Windows Live Movie Maker’ courses. The rains came, but this didn’t dampen our learner’s spirits, finding enough dry spells to get out and take some amazing photographs.
We visited the nearby wildlife reserve to take pictures, showing how to use the camera in a real situation. Afterwards learners were taught how to take their pictures off the camera and transfer them onto the computer. Using digital editing they changed them and then finally made them into a slideshow/movie. Everyone had help and guidance from our wonderful staff and volunteers, leaving the lesson with a CD of what they had achieved in such a short space of time.
Despite the unruly weather everyone really enjoyed their day and got something out of the session, with some wonderful feedback, such as:
- ‘Keep doing it with a smile. Good Atmosphere. Diolch yn fawr. Very enjoyable. Enjoyed making a film would like further knowledge.’
- ‘Enjoyed using Picassa, finding different things to try out with a digital camera. Excellent course would like more of these short courses’
- ‘All the course was great very interesting learnt a lot more photography courses please . I have learnt more today than I did on a 22 week course costing £100, had more fun too so thanks very much keep doing what you are doing thanks again.’
- ‘Enjoyed everything would like a continuation of the course it was good.’
- ‘Enjoyed being able to enhance my photographs and make movies I would like to continue with movie maker. I have enjoyed the short course very much.’
G2G Communities CIC is investigating the possibility of running two further courses in September 2011, to register your interest book or enquire online.