G2G Communities CIC 2011/12
As G2G Communities ends its second full year of operation these are just a few of the activities we have been involved in during 2012.
- Received the Winston Churchill Silver Medallion for research into ‘Technology in Prisons’ (see http://www.technologyinprisons.org)
- Overall UK winner of the BT Communities Plus award (see www.btplc.com)
- Winner of the 2012 South West Rhyl Communities First ‘Training Project of the year’
- Winner of the 2012 South West Rhyl Communities First ‘Health Project of the year’
- Worked with over 450 learners to help them achieve qualifications, personal aims and objectives, improve confidence/competence and return to employment or volunteering.
- Given away over £35,000 worth of support and training to the community in Denbighshire and Conwy.
- Contributed over 2550 volunteer hours to the local community (equivalent to £25,500).
- Working in partnership with the Oaktree Childcare Centre ‘jobs growth Wales’ project.
- Worked in partnership with Rhyl in Bloom to produce the photographs and final presentations for Wales in Bloom and Britain in Bloom.
- Working to produce the new Rhyl in Bloom Web site.
- Planted 400 trees at Morfa Clwyd Community Woodland as part of the 2012. Diamond Jubilee tree planting organised by the Woodland Trust.
- Worked in partnership with the Oaktree Childcare Centre to train 75 ILMs.
- ‘Have a Wild Weekend for Wales’ – awarded funding to work with children at the Oaktree Childcare Centre after school club.
- Completed four very successful Gateway projects managed by the WCVA.
- Completed one successful Lottery funded project.
- Completed one Communities 2.0 project.
- Worked in partnership with over thirty-five organisations in Denbighshire, Conwy, Flintshire and Wrexham.
- Run four ‘Preparing to Teach in Lifelong Learning’ (PTLLS) programmes. G2G Communities CIC is committed to quality staff development and all full/part time staff and volunteers had the opportunity to achieve PTLLS.
- Have over 15 volunteers on our books, many of whom are unemployed and enjoy providing one-to-one support to our learners.
- Developed and provided ‘digital storytelling’ to a school in Wrexham, soon to be rolled out into others in Wrexham, Conwy and Flintshire.
- Developed and provided ICT/Photography training to people with autism in Denbighshire and Flintshire.
- Extended provision into Conwy, Flintshire and Wrexham.
- Become a member of the DVSC ‘DCC Third sector liaison group’.
- Become a member of the WCVA ‘employability’ working group.
- Standing for election for the Board of WCVA and DVSC.
- Become a Microsoft Office Specialist test centre.
- Played an active role in the development of the new ‘Denbighshire Cluster Area’.
Tags G2G Communities Success News
We would like to give Stefano from Vittorio Veneto, Italy who has joined us a …