G2G Communities CIC 2011/12
As G2G Communities ends its second full year of operation these are just a few of the activities we have been involved in during 2012.
- Received the Winston Churchill Silver Medallion for research into ‘Technology in Prisons’ (see http://www.technologyinprisons.org)
- Overall UK winner of the BT Communities Plus award (see www.btplc.com)
- Winner of the 2012 South West Rhyl Communities First ‘Training Project of the year’
- Winner of the 2012 South West Rhyl Communities First ‘Health Project of the year’
- Worked with over 450 learners to help them achieve qualifications, personal aims and objectives, improve confidence/competence and return to employment or volunteering.
- Given away over £35,000 worth of support and training to the community in Denbighshire and Conwy.
- Contributed over 2550 volunteer hours to the local community (equivalent to £25,500).
- Working in partnership with the Oaktree Childcare Centre ‘jobs growth Wales’ project.
- Worked in partnership with Rhyl in Bloom to produce the photographs and final presentations for Wales in Bloom and Britain in Bloom.
- Working to produce the new Rhyl in Bloom Web site.
- Planted 400 trees at Morfa Clwyd Community Woodland as part of the 2012. Diamond Jubilee tree planting organised by the Woodland Trust.
- Worked in partnership with the Oaktree Childcare Centre to train 75 ILMs.
- ‘Have a Wild Weekend for Wales’ – awarded funding to work with children at the Oaktree Childcare Centre after school club.
- Completed four very successful Gateway projects managed by the WCVA.
- Completed one successful Lottery funded project.
- Completed one Communities 2.0 project.
- Worked in partnership with over thirty-five organisations in Denbighshire, Conwy, Flintshire and Wrexham.
- Run four ‘Preparing to Teach in Lifelong Learning’ (PTLLS) programmes. G2G Communities CIC is committed to quality staff development and all full/part time staff and volunteers had the opportunity to achieve PTLLS.
- Have over 15 volunteers on our books, many of whom are unemployed and enjoy providing one-to-one support to our learners.
- Developed and provided ‘digital storytelling’ to a school in Wrexham, soon to be rolled out into others in Wrexham, Conwy and Flintshire.
- Developed and provided ICT/Photography training to people with autism in Denbighshire and Flintshire.
- Extended provision into Conwy, Flintshire and Wrexham.
- Become a member of the DVSC ‘DCC Third sector liaison group’.
- Become a member of the WCVA ‘employability’ working group.
- Standing for election for the Board of WCVA and DVSC.
- Become a Microsoft Office Specialist test centre.
- Played an active role in the development of the new ‘Denbighshire Cluster Area’.
Tags G2G Communities Success News
Local philanthropic entrepreneurs Moira and William Lockitt give over £200,000 back to the local community …